This meeting will bring together beneficiaries of the LIFE programme and other EU funding mechanisms to exchange good practices around stronger energy performance in new buildings. It will also focus on how the building sector can become resilient to future climatic conditions and extreme weather events.
Good practices include:
- applications such as state-of-the-art systems for sustainable heating, cooling and lighting;
- improved, natural building materials with enhanced insulation;
- energy-saving devices and smart-grid systems;
- how to integrate renewable energy generation capacity.
The event is for projects working to increase energy efficiency and reduce greenhouse gas emissions in the building sector. Other participants will be policy makers, representatives from EU, national and regional administrations, NGOs, expert bodies and the private sector.
The 2-day gathering will include:
- plenary sessions on the policy context, technological solutions and financial mechanisms to achieve nearly-zero energy and climate resilient buildings;
- workshops, a poster session and field visits.
The meeting is hosted by the LIFE BE REEL! Integrated Project, which is working to create the conditions for full implementation of the strategic housing renovation plans of the Belgian regions of Flanders and Wallonia.
Participation is upon invitation. For further information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download a copy of the preliminary agenda.
An ‘energy talk’ by LIFE BE REEL! at the Networking Village of the EU Sustainable Energy Week 2019, Brussels, 20 June 2019. The talk will share the main outcomes of this LIFE platform meeting.
Buildings are responsible for approximately 40% of energy consumption and 36% of CO2 emissions in the EU. In light of this, the EU has set ambitious targets and measures to decarbonise building stock by 2050 and ensure the building sector can be resilient to future climatic conditions and extreme weather events.
New Energy Performance in Buildings Directive comes into force on 9 July 2018